You may be asking yourself, "Who is the best electrician near me?" Surrge, a trusted and reliable source of electrician service in Durham, has been in operation for over 10 years. All of your electrician requirements can be met by Surrge, such as 220v repairs, lighting installation, LED energy-saving conversions, ceiling fans and hot tub wiring. We also offer switch replacement, outlet repair, and more!
Surrge is also available to help with your next renovation project. With a Master Electrician on-staff, you can be assured that your home will be safe, reliable, and secure. If another company claims they can provide an expert team for you, make sure to check their paperwork. Surge is owned by a Master Electrician who has served Durham customers since 2010.
Malfunctioning Light Switch
A faulty light switch is one of the most common and basic electric issues. You can even troubleshoot this issue yourself:
Loosened Outlet Plug
Shut down the breaker and check the voltage at the outlet. If a voltage tester isn’t available, try plugging something in. Take off the cover plate, and attach outlet shims so that the outlet is at the same level as the wall.
A short circuit can cause appliances to trip, such as hairdryers or toasters. If this happens, you should reset the breaker. If the circuit trips repeatedly when the suspect appliance is in use, it’s likely that the problem is with the appliance itself, and not the electrical system. A small appliance may be responsible if the circuit trips when it’s not in use.
An unusable outlet can be caused by a bad connection, possible arcing, or a trip breaker due to excessive heat. This could lead to melted wires or even burned-out outlets.
Dimming Or Flickering Light
A poor connection can lead to arcing. This could happen if lights dim or flicker. These are caused by loose or corroded connections that cause intermittent contact and result in sparks and overheating.
Outlets And Switches Warm To The Touch
Outlets and switches, unless they have a dimming feature, should not be heated to the touch. If heat is emanating from these components, it could indicate a bad connection, defective wiring, or an overload. Overloaded circuits can cause fire hazards.
GFCIs Keep Tripping
A GFCI is a vital safety device that protects against electrical shock. The GFCI is trying to protect you against an electric shock when it trips.
Bulbs Blowing Out
A loose connection may be causing frequent bulb blowouts. Does your recessed light stop working ever? Insulation near the recessed lights could cause excessive heat. They are therefore shut down to stop a fire.
If you are faced with an electrical problem that is beyond your ability to fix, it is time to call an electric company like Surrge. We recommend that you do this as it could be dangerous for homeowners to attempt to fix common electrical problems:
It’s best that you call a licensed electrician in Durham to fix any of these problems.